[sclug] USB cable prices

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Fri May 20 17:27:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 18:16:32 +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:
: On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 12:27:04PM +0100, Bob Dunlop wrote:
: > Only problem I've had with mail order for this sort of stuff is that
: > there often a minimum order size or P&P to pay.  A 30p cable with five
: > pounds post and packing is almost back up to high street prices.
: [..]
: > I do have one USB cable that cost me a tenner but thats 5m long with an
: > active repeater (hub) built into the end.

: Try http://www.directusbstore.co.uk/

I've not tried them before.

: I used them to buy their ?11 USB <-> serial port adaptor which works
: fine in linux 2.6.recent (cypress_m8 driver) and they threw in a small 4
: port hub for a couple of quid and didn't charge for shipping.

: Turned up the next day too.  YMMV.

I've had quite a lot of luck with <http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/> in the
past.  Cheap, good service, and can supply almost any cable you see fit to
use.

I was quite shocked to find a 1m DVI cable for ~?25 in both Maplin and
John Lewis a couple of weekends ago.  I eventually ended up 'borrowing'
one from work.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to constant nagging to change it, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.