[sclug] Monitoring bandwidth usage

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Sun May 29 23:11:25 UTC 2005

Ahoy,

I've now got a VM account, and I'm interested in monitoring my bandwidth
usage. I'm trying to decide whether or not to host things like mail accounts,
based for the most part on how much of my monthly allowance they'll chew up.

Are there any nifty solutions that can let me monitor both how much data has
passed through a network interface, and what kind of data it was, over long
periods of time without accumulating horrifically chunky logs?

Regards,
Tom

--
Please send personal emails to tom at ... not lists at ...