[sclug] Dell desktop for 175GBP inc. delivered - offer closes 2/11/2005

Stuart Major stuartmajor at phonecoop.coop
Sun Oct 30 12:02:08 UTC 2005

Hi All,

This might seem like a daft question (and apologies if it is) but is
there any downside to this machine, would you be able to dual boot XP
and a Linux distro?

I volunteer for an organic food coop (www.truefood.coop) and we are
wondering whether to buy a this machine as our old 98 machine is on it's
last legs and we are migrating to OSS (albeit slowly).  Would a machine
like this help or hinder us in such a step?

I'm getting up to speed with Linux, but not everyone in the coop is, and
we would need some OSS accounting software (Gnucash KMyMoney) are these
compatible with industry standard 'doze software such as Quicken?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Stuart.