[sclug] Extra optical drive

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Sat Apr 1 15:26:53 UTC 2006

 >>Not quite there yet with my extra optical drive.....

Thanks to all who responded with helpful advice. In fact the CD-burner
doesn't actually work, it turns out. (doh!) so the whole exercise was a
bit of a waste. When the pending house move is over and I've got all the
essentials sorted (phone, broadband, telly etc) and I'm allowed to spend
my money on myself again :-) I might invest in an external USB burner.
if I have to buy one that seems to be the easiest route for my needs.

In the meantime, anyone interested in buying a brand new PCI 2xATA-133
card and cable, going dirt cheap? Adds four more IDE devices to your PCI
bus.

Regards,

Neil.