[sclug] Install day on 15th / 29th?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sun Apr 2 10:29:02 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

Quoting Tom Dawes-Gamble <tmdg at weardale.cl>:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 11:11 +0100, Tom Chance wrote:
>> Would anybody be interested in doing a Linux/BSD/Solaris/etc. install /
>> general geekery day on either the 15th or 29th of April? They're both
>> Saturdays, and we'd have the place to ourselves until about 6pm.
>>
>> I could provide the venue (Rising Sun arts centre) with free wifi &
>> internet.
>
> I can try to make it the on the 15th the 29th is out as that is the Beer
> Festival.

Magic, since a few people seem interested let's go with the 15th.
Anything else
need arranging, or shall we all just land on the centre on the day?

> I went to the HantsLug Meeting today. It was very impressive.

What impressed you? One thing we could do, and I got this idea to be
fair after
talking to Stuart Major, is have more talks in Reading, either between LUG
members or to local organisations / individuals. I'd really like to use the
open media labs and the good relationship we have we various people in Reading
Borough Council, the Rising Sun, RISC and others to promote FLOSS and
provide a
space for regular geekery locally.

Regards,
Tom

--
I am aware that emails to this address may be mistakenly caught as spam. If
you don't get a reasonably timely reply, please try contacting me at
telex4 at yahoo.com