[sclug] Installing Firefox on Kubuntu

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 19 11:52:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:54:09AM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:
> I did breezy -> dapper upgrade on two systems without problems and
> know a couple more people who have done likewise. As I did say in my
> original post though, Your mileage may vary....:-]

Around 6 weeks ago I did this on my Thinkpad R52 right after
installing breezy, as I too wanted a more up-to-date firefox and as
I'd only just installed it I figured I had nothing to lose.

After doing so my laptop had no sound, none of the extra keys
worked, and suspend to disk/ram also failed where it had worked
before.

Not being in the mood to spend time diagnosing, I reinstalled with
breezy and downloaded firefox separately.

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB