[sclug] VOIP

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 24 17:06:26 UTC 2006

> I recall someone a while ago telling me about their IP phone. Who was it,
> what was the kit, and which carrier do you use?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I've lost track of whether I should be top or bottom posting to avoid
molestation by the web-police ;-)  but here I am...

I came a cross an ad in Metro on the train this afternoon, for an outfit
called Vonage (www.vonage.co.uk) who claim they will sell you unlimited
UK and ROI 01 and 02 calls for ?7.99pm, using your current broadband
connection and VOIP. They give you a free diverter box, you plug your
phone into it and it into your broadband modem, and off you go (it
says). No other charges, no contract and you get extra jam on Sundays
and a shiny sixpence in your pudding at Christmas, guaranteed.

But seriously, it sounds quite a good deal if you want cheap calls.

HTH

Neil.