[sclug] milter-regex problems.

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at weardale.cl
Sun Aug 6 11:11:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 10:36 +0100, ed wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:06:20 +0000
> Tom Dawes-Gamble <tmdg at weardale.cl> wrote:
>
> >         I am trying to tweak it.  But don't seem to be able to get the
> >         "and"
> >         "or" and "not" functionality working.
>
> milter is new to me, but if it helps, I don't think NOT is possible in
> regex (is that a double negative?), the closet you can get to it is
> something like:
>
> /^[^E][^d][^w][^a][^r][^d]$/

May be I should have given more detal.   See:
http://www.benzedrine.cx/milter-regex.html

for the man page etc.

The "not" bit is not a regex not as such  it to link two regex.

as in this example from the man page.

header /From/ /domain/i and body /money/
     ( not header /From/ /domain/ ) and ( body /sex/ or body /fast/ )

In the examples I gave i.e.

	reject "Not today thank you!"
        header /(To|Cc)/i  /(spam1|spam2)@domain.co.uk/

        Or

        reject "Not today thank you!"
        envrcpt  /(spam1|spam2)@domain.co.uk/

reject "Not today thank you!"
header /To/i  /spam1 at domain.co.uk/

Works and mail gets rejected.

reject "Not today thank you!"
header /(To|Cc)/i  /spam1 at domain.co.uk/

lets the mail though.

reject "Not today thank you!"
envrcpt  /spam1 at domain.co.uk/

Works and rejects if the To: or Cc: lines match.

reject "Not today thank you!"
envrcpt  /(spam1|spam2)@domain.co.uk/

Lets the mail though again.  <sigh>

Tom.

Tom.
Those that understand Binary and those that don't.