[sclug] Install fest / community support day in August/September?

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Tue Aug 8 13:08:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:36:45 +0100, Tom Chance wrote:
> Would people be interesting in running an install fest, perhaps with
> more of a community support feel, in August or September?
>
> Remix Reading have open media labs with nothing in particular planned
> (yet) on the following Saturdays: 19th August, 2nd September, 16th
> September.

16th September would be OK for me.

> If people are interested, maybe somebody would like to start a wiki page about
> it and get the Hants LUG people involved?

I while ago I added some text to our page here:

http://wiki.earth.li/SCLUG

We have our own wiki, so I was going to move the relevant section there,
but I had to register an account with it and get hold of a password from
Tom before I could edit it. If you need an administrator password then
it's not much use as a wiki, so I ran out of motivation at that point.

Anyway, I just thought I'd try to revive the idea of doing *something*
in September. I probably won't be at the pub tomorrow evening, so
hopefully this'll prompt some discussion. :-)

S.