[sclug] veeeerrrrryyyy looooong delay booting (initrd)

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 12:55:57 UTC 2006

My nipper's dapper box is now (after he's messed around with it trying
to install a 2nd hdd and reinstalling the OS) taking about half an hour
to boot up. (It worked OK when he first installed it)

It seems to hang shortly after grub at the stage of
initrd [loading] /boot/initrd.something or other
(I didn't write down the message but I recall the initrd and
/boot/whatever bit)

wassup? I thought initrd sets up a ram disk and loads an image of a
basic OS into it to then do the bootup. What could be causing it to take
forever?

--
John Stumbles