[sclug] installing Debian on HP Proliant ML110 G3

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sun Aug 20 11:27:38 UTC 2006

Salut Rachel!

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 09:27:46PM +0100, Rachel wrote:
> I've tried ubuntu - which installs fine, however I am getting the
> same error trying to install Apache:

> dpkg: error processing apache (--configure)
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
> Errors were encountered while processing:apache

What other error messages are there before this?

You can try adding "set -x" as the second line of
/var/lib/dpkg/info/apache.postinst (i.e. under the #!/bin/sh) and then
rerunning the upgrade.

That should spit out a pile of debug information which may help you
pinpoint where it's failing.

Simon.

--
UK based domain, email and web hosting ***/     "Ahead groove factor 5!  /*
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/     **/              Yeah!"  - Holly /**