[sclug] Software Freedom Day - any further arrangemenbt details?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun Aug 20 22:02:06 UTC 2006

Alan Pope wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 07:27:35PM +0100, alan c wrote:
>> Any latest details about a Reading event or install fest?
>
> On the subject of Software Freedom Day I had a chat with a friend who works
> for Bracknell Forrest Council. She tells me that if you guys wanted to go to
> Bracknell shopping centre on SFD then they'd likely have no problems with
> you handing out leaflets / CDs, and talking to people about free software.
>
> If someone wants to take charge of SFD in Bracknell then give me a shout and
> I'll pass her details on.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

ME please! (alan cocks 01344 421252)
I am in Bracknell, but I have not had a chance to develop such
contacts with the Council yet.

I will be delighted to run with it, and can be present on the day. If
others can also commit - great.

Alan - please let me know who to contact asap?

I run the Infopoint table at the monthly Bracknell Computer Fairs
(bcf) (charity basis, non trading(note 1)), so I have some starting
options.

Note1:
non trading accepts that 50p per CD is 'at cost', but  for SFD this
might need a review. I found at the bcf's that a totally free CD was
viewed very suspiciously (!) but at a nominal 50p each, people  had a
better uptake!
--
 alan cocks, bracknell