[sclug] Wanted: text mode word processor

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Thu Dec 7 00:00:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 22:59:14 +0000, David Given wrote:
: I'm looking for a simple word processor that runs in a terminal. Can anyone
: suggest one?

: I'm particularly looking for an actual *word processor*, that will display
: basic markup like bold and italic[1], and not a text editor. I particularly
: don't want to use LaTeX or troff or some such control-sequence-based system
: --- call me prejudiced, but I don't like trying to write and program at the
: same time.

That's almost exactly why you *do* want LaTeX.  The formatting markup is
minimal (especially once you get used to it and understand what each
command does), and doesn't get in the way of writing the document.

LyX if you can't stand vim.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.