[sclug] Outlook Dilema

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 09:40:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Leon Ward wrote:

> Hi
>
>> Get your Exchange admin to configure POP3 and retrieve your mail using that
>> protocol. Note; you will need to handle backups yourself.
>
> Or IMAP, I assume that is still an option on Exchange, I have not used it
> since version 5.5

Sure; you could use IMAP, but that protocol is really intended to be used
with the mail being stored on the server rather than the client, IMHO.

> -Leon

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher, Bristol UK.                           PGP/GnuPG ID:0x5010dbff

"[T]he whole point about the reason why I think it is important we go for
identity cards and an identity database today is that identity fraud and
abuse is a major, major problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look
it is a view, I don't personally think it matters very much."
  - Tony Blair, 6 June 2006 <http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9566.asp>