[sclug] using iPod nano with Linux PC?

ed ed at s5h.net
Thu Dec 21 18:11:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:35:31 +0000
John Stumbles <john at stumbles.org.uk> wrote:

> Robin Lewis wrote:
>
> >>ipods are great gadgets
> >>

> > ...but does it run Linux? :P
>
> Seems they can do, but I think he wants it to listen to not to hack
> for the sake of it (maybe that'll come in time :-)

i keep forgetting to reply all to some messages on this list.

ipods can run linux.

http://www.rockbox.org/

mine doesnt... but it could... it could... it would loose quite a bit
of mp3 storage space if it was. my nano is 4g, loosing 64meg to that is
probably going to cost me half an album. that said, it does appear that
a large portion of the file storage system is for something other than
music.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.usenix.org.uk
proud java hacker