[sclug] using iPod nano with Linux PC?

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 22:11:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, ed wrote:

> ipods can run linux.
>
> http://www.rockbox.org/

Rockbox isn't Linux, but it does have some nifty features. I keep trying to
work up the bottle to give it a try on my iRiver H3xx, but there seem to be
a few things that really don't work as well as the stock firmware - and the
only feature I /really/ want is seamless playback (e.g. for
classical/concept/live albums).

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher, Bristol UK.                           PGP/GnuPG ID:0x5010dbff

"[T]he whole point about the reason why I think it is important we go for
identity cards and an identity database today is that identity fraud and
abuse is a major, major problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look
it is a view, I don't personally think it matters very much."
  - Tony Blair, 6 June 2006 <http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9566.asp>