[sclug] Ipod

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Fri Dec 22 12:20:33 UTC 2006

Neil Haughton wrote:
> I read a year ago that  you have to be careful to get a 'Windows' Ipod,
> not a 'Mac' model. The difference is the filesystem that it is
> preformatted with. FAT is okay, whereas (I read) the Mac one is a bit of
> a pig if you are connecting to it from Linux. Not sure if this is still
> relevant with the Nano and other recent models though.

mount -t hfs /dev/ipod /mnt/ipod Just Works (tm) for recent (e.g. debby
sarge) distros. At least it understands the -t hfs bit - I don'thave a
real hfs to try it on yet.

--
John Stumbles                                      mobile 0780 866 8204
plumbing:heating:electrical:property maintenance     home 0118 954 2406