[sclug] Ipod nano

John Barron mail at europa.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 31 16:17:04 UTC 2006

On Sunday 31 December 2006 16:00, John Stumbles wrote:

> Bloody useless (lack of) error messages even on stdout/stderr. Nursing
> it along mounting and unmounting it manually (since gtkpod's 'Handle
> mounting/unmounting of iPod drive' function only seemed to work
> erratically) we managed just to get some mp3s onto the 'pod, but as soon
> as we got home (and back online) sproggy installed itunes on XP and has
> been using it since :-(

Does it not work as a straightforward mass-storage device? I've never really
been convinced about these applications, whether for digital cameras or music
players, which purport to "make life easier" managing and transferring your
pictures or music, I'm a big fan of Konqueror for the purpose - just let me
see what's on there without any obfuscation and I'll do the managing part.

Oh - and sprogs are permitted to use non-free software and DRM formats?
Something doesn't sound right about that - some education is clearly in
order! ;-)

Happy New Year to all :-)

--
John Barron