[sclug] VPN

Hamlesh Motah admin at hamlesh.com
Sun Jan 8 20:30:45 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help on the NAT stuff a little while ago.  Managed to
get my mums ADSL off of that dirty DLINK "thing" and onto a linux box
with a DMZ, so at least they'll be no more phone calls along the lines
of;

"the internet is broken"

"reset the silver box thing"

"yep that fixed it"

I love fixing the whole internet by power cycling a box :)

Anyway, I need some more help :)

I have tried and tried and tried in the past to setup a VPN server at
home, openvpn is far too complicated for my limited knowledge.  For the
past few months I've been running an NT server to do it, a few clicks
and its doing what I need.  I am trying to consolidate all the machines
running at my place to one (maybe three).

Can anyone recommend a simple to setup VPN solution that will work with
windows clients.  Password authentication is fine, doesn't need to be
key driven.

Thanks for reading :)

Hamlesh (about to kill OpenVPN) Motah.