[sclug] Logitech wireless keyboard and gnome problems

pieter claassen pieter at claassen.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 14:03:36 UTC 2006

Hi All,

        I am trying to get the REAL pipe/backslash char working on my
        logitech
        wireless keyboard (next to left shift key) but what I get
        instead are <>
        chars and the following dmesg.

        [4686370.062000] atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set
        2, code
        0xaa on isa0060/serio0).
        [4686370.062000] atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e02a <keycode>' to
        make it
        known.

        I am sure there is hard way to do this (Ubuntu Breezy) but I am
        looking
        for the easy way.

        At some stage, I could swear it was working fine by selecting a
        logitech
        wireless desktop keyboard from the gnome keyboard layout
        selector.

        Cheers,
        Pieter
--