[sclug] Wheelie bins in Wokers

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Wed Jan 18 23:18:10 UTC 2006

Dickon Hood wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 19:55:46 +0000, Neil Haughton wrote:
>
> : ><economics><politics>

> The council reckon that wheelies generate more waste -- I'm not entirely
> sure why, but they quote some statistics to back it up -- which costs more
> to process, but TBH I'd rather that and have the hedgerows around here
> free from spilt rubbish.

I'm sure it's people like me who are to blame: you can get all sorts of
things into a wheeliebin that you wouldn't dream of trying to put into a
bin liner!

Also Reading's all-in-one recycle bin is pants: amongst things you're
not supposed to put in which I regularly see in them (other people's
ones) is glass (bottles etc). I think Wokingham (and other) council's
separate recycling containers encourage people to think more about
recycling.

Agree about the ripped bin liners though, and wheelies have got to be
safer for the bin-persons who have to handle them.

</TOT>

--
John Stumbles