[sclug] Selecting the correct gpg key in evolution

ed ed at s5h.net
Thu Jul 27 21:23:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:17:10 +0000
Tom Dawes-Gamble <tmdg at weardale.cl> wrote:

> I just tried to send encrypted mail using evolution and I was not
> given the opportunity to select the key to use.  Evolution in it's
> wisdom picked the wrong expired/revoked key.
>
> I had a hunt around I can't see how to get evolution to ask which key
> to use like mutt does.
>
> Anyone got a solution?

It's crude, but if there's no other option, it's probably possible to
save one choice of keypair, then cp that ~/.evolution directory, then
pick the other key with current ~/.evolution dir and mv that to
someplace else. Just ln -s ~/.my_evol_dir to ~/.evolution depending on
which keypair you wish to use :S. Crude... but, if it saves much time
frigging around you could have an icon launcher for it.

_IF_ this is the only possible solution then finding the correct
configuration would improve mailbox check time when switching accounts.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.bsdwarez.net
proud bash person