[sclug] Selecting the correct gpg key in evolution

Jonathan H N Chin jc254 at newton.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 31 14:10:02 UTC 2006

> I just tried to send encrypted mail using evolution and I was not given
> the opportunity to select the key to use.  Evolution in it's wisdom
> picked the wrong expired/revoked key.=20
>
> I had a hunt around I can't see how to get evolution to ask which key to
> use like mutt does.
>
> Anyone got a solution?

I'd guess from a quick look at version 1.4 on Solaris that one
creates a new account for each key to be used:

	Tools / Settings / Mail Accounts / Add
with
	Receiving Mail / Server Type = None
and
	Security / PGP/GPG Key ID = desired key

(I don't see any reason that account details can't be identical
except for the key and the names with which you refer to them.)

Then, when you create a message, select the account associated
with the desired key in the From: dropdown box before you select
Security / PGP Sign/Encrypt.

I don't have GPG installed here though so I haven't tested this.
I'd be interested to hear if it works for you.

-jonathan

--
Jonathan H N Chin, 2 dan | deputy computer | Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK
<jc254 at newton.cam.ac.uk> | systems mangler | tel/fax: +44 1223 767091/330508

                "respondeo etsi mutabor" --Rosenstock-Huessy