[sclug] World's first Open movie released

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Fri Jun 9 12:48:45 UTC 2006

Dickon Hood wrote:

> Or install ALSA, which is better (you can have multiple things using the
> sound devices simultaneously, for example).

In debian I tried apt-get install alsa which chuntered along and did its
stuff, but didn't suggest what I should do to use it. When I try to use
kde control center to select ALSA I get an 'Informational arts message'
'Error while initialising the sound driver: device: default can't be
opened for playback (No such device)".

>>Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Permission denied
>>Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
>>startup scripts.
>
> Do this (or at any rate run that command, as root).  It'll allow mplayer
> access to the real-time clock properly, which will help with timing
> issues.

OK I'll give it a whirl.

 >>Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
 >>startup scripts.

Anyone out there know what is The Debian Way to do this?

--
John Stumbles