[sclug] USB flash devices in Kubuntu

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 09:49:58 UTC 2006

I have just installed Kubunti Dapper for the first time.  Haven't tried it with USB devices yet, but did have a problem with Windows/samba shares not being mountable (they were detected OK) because half the samba utilities were missing (fixed by apt-get install smbfs).  The error message was very unhelpful (as was what was on dmesg) but I did find both the problem and resolution on the ubuntu bug database - have you looked there?  Can't remember the exact address but it's linked from the Kubuntu homepage.

Other than that little annoyance, it's a mighty fine distribution - especially if you enhance it with Automatix.

James.