[sclug] Old builds of debian packages

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Thu Nov 2 08:26:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 08:19:17 +0000, Roland Turner (SCLUG) wrote:
: Hi all, but particularly Debian users,

: I recall years ago finding a site which appeared to archive _all_
: the .debs that had ever been uploaded to sid. My recollection is that it
: was not, in fact, an official Debian archive but run by someone else
: entirely. Does anyone recall this archive? It's name?

: More broadly, my objective is to get my hands on one of the 0.8.5 builds
: of vlc, vlc-nox and libvlc0 from sid, ideally 0.8.5.debian-2. Is there
: any way to do this short of emailling the maintainer (there's no vlc
: project on alioth)?

: (If need be, I'll download and and build the source from videolan.org of
: course, but I'd prefer to use a Debian-ised build produced by the
: maintainer if possible.)

If you really just want the most recent release, have a look at
<http://nightlies.videolan.org/> (specifically, I have 'deb
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/sid-amd64/arch ./' in my
sources.list); saves faffing about building stuff.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.