[sclug] Linux Apprentice Wanted !

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sat Nov 4 16:36:06 UTC 2006

Alan Pearson wrote:
> I'm frankly a little bemused/annoyed/shocked by the interpretation of
> my post.
>
> You have _no_ idea what the pay scale is and yet you criticise it.
>
> I have no intention of discriminating against anyone, and anyone is
> free to forward me their CV for consideration. I've indicated the
> level of person required (read apprentice Linux bod), that is all.
>
> Frankly, the 2 on list replies I've received are out of order. You
> know little to nothing about the position, but you assume that I want
> some underpaid monkey to shovel coal for us.
> Oh yeah, and assume the monkey must be between age X and Y.
>
> It is a great opportunity for a person of ANY age to come on board
> and learn a lot about enterprise Linux and networks, you know what,
> scrub it, I'm not defending a job post.
>
> I thought I'd be nice and give the local LUGs first hop on this job
> before it goes out to an agency, especially given the current climate
> and how hard it can be to get a decent job in the first place. Think
> I'll just go the traditional route, put out to the agency, let them
> have their cut and the person gets paid less.
>
> Frankly, if you're not interested in the job, I don't want to hear
> your uninformed opinions about my post.
>
> Sorry I posted.
>
> ---
> AlanP 'apalled by the attitudes of some SCLUGers.... '

I am as surprised as you are at the responses to date, very
disappointed, and I would have hoped for more useful responses in what
effectively is my local LUG. I do hope you find a suitable person, and
from a person who likes linux and wants to see it flourish, thanks for
your original post.

--
alan cocks
Linux registered user #360648