[sclug] Linux Apprentice Wanted !

Alan Pearson alandpearson at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 00:10:59 UTC 2006

I'm frankly a little bemused/annoyed/shocked by the interpretation of
my post.

You have _no_ idea what the pay scale is and yet you criticise it.

I have no intention of discriminating against anyone, and anyone is
free to forward me their CV for consideration. I've indicated the
level of person required (read apprentice Linux bod), that is all.

Frankly, the 2 on list replies I've received are out of order. You
know little to nothing about the position, but you assume that I want
some underpaid monkey to shovel coal for us.
Oh yeah, and assume the monkey must be between age X and Y.

It is a great opportunity for a person of ANY age to come on board
and learn a lot about enterprise Linux and networks, you know what,
scrub it, I'm not defending a job post.

I thought I'd be nice and give the local LUGs first hop on this job
before it goes out to an agency, especially given the current climate
and how hard it can be to get a decent job in the first place. Think
I'll just go the traditional route, put out to the agency, let them
have their cut and the person gets paid less.

Frankly, if you're not interested in the job, I don't want to hear
your uninformed opinions about my post.

Sorry I posted.

---
AlanP 'apalled by the attitudes of some SCLUGers.... '