[sclug] sharing $HOME on various machines

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Sun Nov 12 19:56:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 19:44:39 +0000, David Given wrote:

: The only way I've found of *disabling* the extension is by doing 'echo 0 >
: /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensions' at run time, which is a pain. (It has to be
: done between loading the cifs module and actually doing the mount, and I
: haven't found a way of automating this yet.) It doesn't seem possible to
: change the behaviour using mount flags.

: Any suggestions?

Drop:

#!/bin/sh

modprobe cifs
echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensions

(or whathaveyou) into a file in /etc/init.d, symlink it as
/etc/init.d/S11local_cifspatchup, chmod 755, hope.

Worth a shot?

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.