[sclug] Open Letter to the Community from Novell

ed ed at s5h.net
Wed Nov 22 21:25:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:45:23 +0000
Sean Furey <sean-lists-sclug at furey.me.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 06:54:32PM +0000, ed wrote:
> > i think safety in numbers. if everyone flat out, chooses not to buy
> > things that are DRM'ed, either because they cannot play it, or
> > because they dont want to play it, then maybe the market will change
> > and a less DRM-ish format will prevail.
>
> The major problem that will prevent this plan succeeding lies in its
> reliance on the word "everyone".

yes, but as a single body 'the linux users' we stand more chance. the
'linux users' make up a large body of people who probably enjoy film
entertainment.

it's a possibility. it's a general movement that people are beginning to
take notice of.

if you note, ms are currently on stage 3 of Ghandi's theory:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi

the DRM battle will be won after the ms battle. DRM is a much bigger
issue than a free platform.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.bsdwarez.net
just another unix person