[sclug] using Xgl and Beryl

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sat Oct 21 08:13:01 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

On Saturday 21 October 2006 08:56, Scott Rixon wrote:
> I had to go and find out about Beryl.. Any good? Just desktop eye candy
> I take it?

Yes, and I find it slightly less functional than KWin, but it is a lot of fun.
(K)Ubuntu Edgy (6.10) ships with AIGLX installed by default, so you just need
to add a line to the X config to turn the flashy stuff on, install Beryl and
you're away. Painless for someone like me who was worried about screwing
stuff up!

Regards,
Tom

--
The struggle against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting
 - Kundera