[sclug] Upgrading to Ubuntu Gutsy (v7.10)

Simon Hawkins simon at pieman3000.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 14:08:23 UTC 2007

This looks quite tempting with WPA being supported as I had just upgraded to
Feisty to have the driver installed natively but another leap is definitely
in order.

BTW, I'll also say hello. I'm Simon and I've been dabbling in Linux on and
off for a few years. I first tried with Red Hat 6 but never found enough
time to dedicate to learning properly and my family complained about the
loss of disk space. I now have an old laptop that I have got Xubuntu on and
have sometimes had a bit of a battle to get the WiFi drivers working for
long enough for me to get much use out of it.

I also have plans to convert an old desktop into a file server once I get a
bit more used to the command line and Samba.

Simon

--
Simon Hawkins

E-Mail: