[sclug] Palm replacement

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Tue Oct 16 19:29:47 UTC 2007

Bit OT to a LUG but I know folks here are generally clueful about such
things. I have an ancient Palm IIIe which does everything I need apart
from the awful monochrome screen which you can only see in just the
right light. I use it for its addressbook, calendar, memo, to-do list
and keyring: http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/ and sync it with my
desktop (debian/kde) using jpilot (since kpilot is missing a desktop
implementation of one of the above apps (I forget which: it's a long
time since I tried it)). I see that Z22s are relatively cheap now and
wonder if there would be any gotchas to trying to use one in place of
the IIIe.

http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/handhelds/z22/index.html

Anybody using one with a linux desktop, especially jpilot, and
especially also with keyring? Any other comments on the Z22 or other
devices? Heads up where to get them cheapest and/or supporting local &/|
FLOSS-friendly dealers?

tia

--
John Stumbles