[sclug] List Reply-To (was Re: Ubuntu 7.19)

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at weardale.cl
Thu Oct 18 00:11:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 18:41 +0100, Mayuresh Kadu wrote:
> All of this for just getting the facility of getting the list address to in
> the reply-to. And I thought this was about making things simple :)
>
> -Mayuresh

This issue of the Reply-To: setting seems to be a recurring issue.  So
I'm attempting a possible solution.  It may take a bit of time to get it
working 100% but I've made a start.  I did something similar for another
list in the days of Majordomo but I forget exactly what I did :-).

I've created a second list sclugr at sclug.org.uk this list is subscribed
to sclug at sclug.org.uk.

If you subscribe to sclugr at sclug.org.uk then the messages you receive
will have the Reply-To: set to sclug at sclug.org.uk.

So if your happy with the way the list is at the moment you don't need
to do anything and nothing will change for you.

If you want Reply-To: set then there are a couple of things to do:-

1) You need to be subscribed to both lists.
	a) Subscribe to sclug at sclug.org.uk but turn off delivery from
		 that list.  (This enables you to post to the list.)
        b) Subscribe to sclug at sclug.org.uk to receive the message.

Note: I wouldn't actually turn of the original list till your sure the
new list is working.

2) sclugr at sclug.org.uk is an open list and so you might get spam on that
list.

The Web interface to the new list is via