[sclug] List Reply-To (was Re: Ubuntu 7.19)

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Thu Oct 18 12:50:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 12:36:33 +0000, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
: On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 12:30 +0100, Jonathan H N Chin wrote:
: > mskadu wrote:
: > > On 10/17/07, Jonathan H N Chin <jc254 at newton.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
: > > > What happens if you select "Reply to all" instead of "Reply"?

: > > I get the sclug address in the CC and the posters email in the to.

: > That appears to solve your problem, with no Reply-To: change.

: I don't think it does.

: My personal preference is not to have Reply-To: set as it gives me the
: best choice.

I'm not too fussed either way.

: However, I can see that some people may prefer to have it set.  IMVHO it
: ought to be a per subscriber option in mailman then we wouldn't get
: these requests from time to time.

: Hopefully the sclugr list is the easy solution if I can sort out the
: config.  :-)

The easy solution is a trivial 'formail -i "Reply-To: sclug at sclug.org.uk"'
in an appropriate section of your .procmailrc.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.