[sclug] Help! (with a big 'H')

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Sun Apr 27 14:42:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 17:53:09 +0100, David Given wrote:
: Will Dickson wrote:

: [...]
: > While you're on the subject, you might want to revisit the decision to
: > use ReiserFS, especially if the verdict goes against Hans Reiser (the
: > jury is still out, but is expected to reach a verdict soon).

I'd avoid the filesystem on principle.  The way a fsck can total a
filesystem when it spots another ReiserFS image in an object within it is
just scary.

: Yes; it's thought that ReiserFS may be an accomplice, and so if Hans
: Reiser is found guilty the software will be locked away too, which means
: you won't be able to get at any of your data.

Absolutely.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.