[sclug] OFFERED (RG1 Uni area) internet.tv

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Thu Aug 7 15:10:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 21:58:16 +0100, John Stumbles wrote:
: This is going on freecycle but I thought folks here might be interested
: in this item.

: * Bush internet TV with remote - Uses dial-up connection to Virgin
: (apparently - haven't used it). Remote opens up to (small) QWERTY keyboard

: There's a picture of it at
: 	http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.stumbles/stuff/
: (URL not guaranteed never to change :-))

: What use anyone might have for it beats me.

I have a sneaking suspicion I know something about these things.  IIRC
they're hideous, RISC OS-based devices, which require some server-side
support to do a lot with.  The browser is probably ANT Fresco, and likely
an old version at that, that just about manages HTML 2.0, probably without
Javascript.

: I suppose the remote might
: be useful for (slow) text input to some sort of system. Or you could
: take it with you to the Back Office Beyond on a 2nd Wednesday and
: pretend it's one of those PDA/mobile phone gizmos that Dickon(?)
: sports(/used to sport) ;-)

Still do -- wouldn't be without it :-)

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.