[sclug] OFFERED (RG1 Uni area) internet.tv

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Aug 7 16:36:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 16:10 +0100, Dickon Hood wrote:
[...]
> I have a sneaking suspicion I know something about these things.  IIRC
> they're hideous, RISC OS-based devices, which require some server-side
> support to do a lot with.  The browser is probably ANT Fresco, and likely
> an old version at that, that just about manages HTML 2.0, probably without
> Javascript.

If you point the remote at it, hold down SHIFT, and power on, there's a
decent chance you might get a command prompt.

In any case it might be worth asking on a RISC OS newsgroup; there are
some seriously dedicated people there (for only 600 UKP, you too could
own a 400MHz ARM9 based PC with 128MB and RISC OS Adjust!), and you
could probably find someone who'll take it off your hands.

--
?