[sclug] capturing audio output of browsers?

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 01:34:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, John Stumbles wrote:

> Alex Butcher wrote:
>
>> It seems ALSA can do this all by itself with the right magic:
>>
>> <http://www.usenet-forums.com/linux-general/80133-how-capture-streaming-audio-alsa-linux.html>
>
> As far as I can see that only lets you capture from ALSA apps that
> conveniently let you specify a "-D fileout" option to select a specific PCM
> device, and then you tell ALSA to redirect that device to a file.
>
> Or am I missing something?

We were talking about this in the context of Flash, right?

If so, it looks as though it might use the $FLASH_ALSA_DEVICE environment
variable.

If we were talking about Realplayer, it has device options in
Preferences->Hardware.

HTH,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher, Bristol UK.                           PGP/GnuPG ID:0x5010dbff

"[T]he whole point about the reason why I think it is important we go for
identity cards and an identity database today is that identity fraud and
abuse is a major, major problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look
it is a view, I don't personally think it matters very much."
  - Tony Blair, 6 June 2006 <http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9566.asp>