[sclug] Program auto start

XTC xtcnews at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 17:24:28 UTC 2008

Hi all, as this is my first post a quick intro.

Name: Russell
Location: Reading

I am newish to linux and running Fedora 9

Enjoy your beer at the meeting and I will try and get to the next one, as I am away at the minute.

My problem is that I am trying to auto start pidgin on a computer base in Reading whilst I am away. I can ssh into the system and su to root. I was advised to do the below

Add a bash script, e.g. ~/bin/gnomesetup
#!/bin/bash

xset m 1 1
pidgin &
xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9"
xbindkeys -f ~/.xbindkeysrc

I created a file /bin/gnomesetup and added the rest to the file, when I rebooted it still did not show up in my messenger list

Many thanks