[sclug] Mailing List without the Emailing

Luke Hinds lukehinds at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:28:43 UTC 2008

Sounds rear backwards I know.

But I require a mailing list server which will store mail threads sent to a
pre-determined list address (list already handled by a mail server), but it
need not send out an email to all whom subscribe to the list (they will
already receive the mail from the mail server). In fact would prefer to not
even have subscribe functionality (account managment handled by the mail
admin).

For example - at my work we have a distribution list called
projectX at workdomain.com

Within projectX at workdomain.com edistribution list is the recipient address
of all users involved in project X + a server mail address for example -
email_retain_projectX at workdomain.com

So Bob sends and email to projectX at workdomain.com

projectX at workdomain.com distribution list consists of;

bob at workdomain.com

chris at workdomain.com

email_retain_projectX at workdomain.com

I would like bobs email to be retained / recorded for future reference with
a web GUI (indexed) in the same manner as you see for online mailing lists
GUI's.

Is this possible - anyone have any ideas they wish to put forward?

Thanks in advance,
Luke