[sclug] spare Linux HDD?

Ian Park ian at chalmers-park.name
Fri Jun 13 12:29:32 UTC 2008

--
Sure - for the MMC card (sdb), I did a couple of runs, and got:
For cached reads, 246 MB in 2.00 seconds = 122.96 MB/sec and 374 MB in

By way of a comparison, I tried the same with the internal flash card,
and got:

For cached reads, 268 MB in 2.00 seconds = 133.92 MB/sec and 266 MB in
2.00 seconds = 132.72 MB/sec
For buffered disk reads, 44 MB in 3.15 seconds = 13.97 MB/sec and 56 MB
in 3.10 seconds = 18.08 MB/sec

No, I can't explain the markedly different speeds for cached reads from
sdb on the two runs, or for buffered reads from sda on the two runs!

Cheers

Ian
--
Ian Park