[sclug] apt-get source.list

r.s.redknap@reading.ac.uk r.s.redknap
Fri Jun 20 09:34:49 UTC 2008

On Jun 20 2008, Keith Edmunds wrote:

>> A supplementary question: something along the lines of apt-get install
>> dosbox /home/user/dosbox-0.72.tar.gz
>
>You can't use apt/aptitude to install a tar file directly.

I'll look closer in the forums. I think I saw a method where someone
dragged and dropped a file and it magically installed itself. Might be
completely wrong.

>Why do you need that specific version of dosbox on this Eee?

I want my qbasic prog to use com1 on the eeepc which doesn't have a serial
port, only usb. From what I gather, 0.72 allows ttyUSB0 to become com1. I
tried with 0.65 and it didn't work. So far, dosbox is great and qbasic in
dosbox is great, Just need com1 -> ttyUSB0 next.

Bob R.