[sclug] Post: See you later Linux

mskadu@gmail.com mskadu
Sat Sep 27 11:40:22 UTC 2008

John,

To answer your first question - yes. And to answer your second - no ;-) But
If i spend (what I consider) significant effort on my part helping advocate
Linux, I feel a little entitled to be frustrated :-)

And I am not saying I am 100% right. The reason I am "asking for opinions"
is that I am open to possibility that there maybe one or more aspects I
haven't thought of.

In my defense, I've not gone around from one distro to another. I've been
with Ubuntu for over 2-3 years (I only started blogging about it in 2006).
I've been using Redhat (and now Fedora) well over 10 years now (somewhere in
the bottom of the google search results you should be able to find tutorials
on packaging your apps using RPM) and OpenSUSE for the last 8 months. Also,
I must admit I like to have my desktop looking good but am lazy enough not
to want to spend too much time getting it to look tops. But my primary
purpose has always being able to dump Windows on my home machine and be
happy about it.

I also feel I should point out that I have not turned my back on Linux. Like
I've said before, I remain a devout advocate of Linux as a server OS. But I
have decided to drop the Linux OS in it's present state until, as my blog
entry says, **I can find a release that "just works"*.*

Many thanks for your comments though :-) Your time is most appreciated.

- Mayuresh

--
Mayuresh