[sclug] Post: See you later Linux

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 13:55:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, mskadu at gmail.com wrote:

> I guess I should have mentioned that Ubuntu (and other Distros) were happily
> running on my machine till about Ubuntu Hardy Heron. It was when I upgraded
> that I ran into these troubles.
>
> I can understanding Linux, etc not running or with problems on obscure/
> bespoke machine configs. But what about when a known config stops working?

Either it's making use of a (buggy) facility that wasn't previously
exercised, or there's been a regression because no-one tested it on
precisely the same hardware and reported the issue in time for it to be
fixed - regrettable, but these things happen.

> - Mayuresh

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher, Bristol UK.                           PGP/GnuPG ID:0x5010dbff

"[T]he whole point about the reason why I think it is important we go for
identity cards and an identity database today is that identity fraud and
abuse is a major, major problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look
it is a view, I don't personally think it matters very much."
  - Tony Blair, 6 June 2006 <http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9566.asp>