[sclug] JOB: (CONTRACT OPTION) Linux sysadmin with MySQL skills | LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire | SALARY: £40K-£55K

jt@camalyn.org jt
Fri Apr 3 11:50:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 17:51 +0100, jt at camalyn.org wrote:
> hi, as I have not yet managed to find someone with the right skills/
> experiences I am re-posting this job.
> What we need is a Linux sysadmin (any dist) that has good MySQL
> experience to work with multiple high transactional database servers.
> There is a clear path here for someone with the interest and skills
> necessary to make the MySQL db admin and potential db design element the
> main part of their job.

I'd also be very interested now to hear from anybody that might like to
consider this job as a contract.  ?What we need is an engineer that has
strong Linux and MySQL experience capable of working with multiple high
transactional db servers (preferably with the actual ??experience of
large high performance database deployments?).  Responsibilities will
incl. designing, building, supporting and maintaining the global service
infrastructure and be responsible for designing the new database
solutions to help support the rapid growth of the servers.  The company
run a mixed MySQL environment 4.1, 5.0 and 5.1 CE on CentOS.  Please
contact me using james at camalyn.org