[sclug] On the scrounge...

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:05:27 UTC 2009

Excuse my cheek, but I'm on the scrounge.

I'm re-doing my home office and my desktop Linux box is too large for the
available space, so I want to rebuild it in a smaller case. I'm wondering if
anyone has something suitable knocking about that they no longer want or are
about to chuck. I would be willing to do a swap of cases if that helped.

The case should take an ATX motherboard with rear slots for some PCI cards
plus the usual array of ATX sockets, and two external drive bays (for DVD
and CD drives) plus at least one internal 3.5" hard drive bay. My box also
has a 3.5" FDD bay but I can dispense with that if necessary. I can't
remember when I last used it...

The case must be less than 400mm high (if it is a 'tower' type case) and a
width of <210mm would be nice, but is not critical.

If you are interested in a swap, my current case is 450H x 200W x 460D and
has all the above - it's just too high for the new space.

If anyone has anything suitable, it'd be great to hear from you.

TIA,

Neil.