[sclug] Phone/broadband recommendations?

Andrew Nelis andrew.nelis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:46:25 UTC 2009

2009/7/28 David Given <dg at cowlark.com>:

> Can anyone suggest any suitable providers I should go and look at? Could
> he get line rental through the third-party provider, or will that still
> need to go through BT? Would a third-party provider still let him use
> his cut-rate long-distance service to Australia? Is it actually *worth*
> getting a combined broadband and telephone bundle?
>
> All comments gratefully appreciated!

Can't recommend anyone in particular, we have TalkTalk at my house at
the moment which seems to be quite good but then I've not been in
charge of administrating it.

I will say however to stay away from Tiscalli. One of my ex-housemates
had a strange insistence on going with them. We were without broadband
for three months while they sorted things out.

Cheers,

Andy.