[sclug] Cent OS 5.3 Server Edition Problem

Matthew Cox spudgun79 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 21:07:10 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've got an old PC lying around which I wanted to make a home server (LAMP)
out of.  I thought I'd try and branch out from using Ubuntu so thought I
woud try Cent OS 5.3 to broaden my horizons.

It installed okay (via net install disk), however on boot it does a check
for hardware changes, and after that it gives the following error which
repeats and talks about disabling it for 5 minutes:

'cannot execute: /sbin/mingetty'

I haven't been able to find anything directly involving the same problem as
me, but was wondering if anyone has any pointers as to where to go from
here?

Many thanks.

Matt.