[sclug] Ubuntu 9.04 issues

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:22:54 UTC 2009

> I'll happily help you get these issues reported as bugs, or help you
> find them if you can give us some more detail.
>
> Filing bugs is super easy really... here's a good page about it..

Sadly my googling research has shown that the CD writer and printing issues
have already been reported (albeit in 2008, so it may have been with
reference to a beta), and the official response in the Ubuntu forums at that
stage was 'unimportant so won't fix'. There was considerable agitated
discourse about how this regression could be considered unimportant in a
desktop OS, but the official view seemed not to budge. In the case of the CD
writer it seemed to revolve around the new SCSI device interface and the
number of wires in the cable. What the source of the printer issue was
though to be I do not know.

I should report the other bugs though.

Neil.